So, in case you didn’t read my TomTom stuff from about 4 months ago and earlier – TomTom sent me a total of 6 replacement units for my 740 Go Live GPS. The main issue was that the Live Services would not work for me – even though in the very beginning they had worked. About Mid-March they got me a system that worked.
That is it worked until a couple days ago. I tried several times to call technical support. Long hold times (with awful MOH), and messages left that were not returned. Finally, today, I did get through to a support person. After guiding me through a few temps to restart the device she told me that my SIM card was not activated. She claimed to activate it and voila – now it is working.
All this person copped to was that my SIM card was not activated. She did not take notice or seem to care that my device had been working for several months so obviously my SIM card HAD been working and she did not express any concern that somehow my SIM card became ‘not activated’.